Sunday, April 03, 2005

The geodisian dome gets compeleted

But I still want to call it the geodisian igloo. So basically, I start off with this, from yesterday. The time is around two o clock again.



And I crawl in and start taping like hell. At first, I make proper triangles, then i begin to tape the sheets behind the triangles, but no one will ever know the difference unless they see it from the inside....
After taping like hell, the dome finally got ready circa ten o clock in the evening. Damn, took too much time. Was admired by some bengali saree guy who regularly sells sarees to my mom. He couldn't believe that the whole thing was made out of paper and stood so firmly. HE didn't understand my intentions though. He couldn't believe that I was doing this for the heck of it, and not for any project or something. LOL.
Yeah, circa ten, this is what came out:



thats why I call it an igloo. there were plans to make windows using bubble-wrap and other kinds of packaging, but there was not time. Damn. The entrance is really small:



and you have to wave your girdles through it, sort of like Catherine Zeta Jones tackling the laswers with her famous butt shot from entrapment. That is one funny scene....



And once you get it, you realize that it is possible to make an oven out of only paper. Technically, its just a bloody insulator, and you realize how much heat your body generates. An Air conditioner would work well here, and not a cooler. Damn.
anyway, this is how it looks from the INSIDE. There wasn't enough space to get the whole of the inside, which is going to be impossible to photograph unless I tunr the structure upside down. Will have to destroy it in a few days as it is taking up too much room. damn. should have made a smaller one. Ah well... this is how it looks from the inside:



And I dont think this post will get posted properly. Though I now what to do in such cases. Just have to go to edit posts, and republish the post or the blog. Shows up then. This site is really wierd. ah well...
Will go and sleep after this blog. Tried to get the dome into the small bedroom yesterday, so had to change the configuration of the furniture. Then had to change everything back when i found out that it wouldn't fit. Damn. so much work... and am feeling so dirty but am too lazy to bathe. My voice has gone croacky because I slept on the floor yesterday, because of all the clothes and books and stuff on my bed which i put on it to clear the table, and the dust went into my throat. A lot of dust came out into the open because I shifted the furniture. Damn. so am sleeping in the living room now.
Will get up early tommorrow and head for Karnavat. i will be early. will blog the rest tommorrow.

No comments: