Thursday, April 28, 2005

Proud to be a blogger

I am unsure if blogger stands for anyone who blogs generally on the web, or someone who blogs only on blogger. You know, like proud to be a blogger. That's the shirt I want to buy... or yeah, fabricate. Will do that in some t shirt printing shop that I am gonna find pretty soon now. Funny thing just happened in this cybercafe that I am in right now, I saw someone, patted him on the back wondering why he didn't recognize me, and it turned out to be someone else, and not my friend. I knew this fact when I blogged, so I referred to him as someone and not as a friend ...damn this cybercafe is so wierd, the dumb keyboard is actually kept in a drawer, which makes it impossible to type unless you keep an elbow in the drawer. Damn. Am here for an hour... which is cool. Big day today... am gonna blog about that now. 2140.710069 megabytes (and counting) of free storage so you'll never need to delete another message.
thats what I am getting from the gmail server right now. Cool eh? anyway, about today:
Yesterday night, after I blogged, my computer died. It would restart every time I started it, and do this in a continuous loop till I decided to switch it off. I left that moody piece du compelete junk to rot for one night, and got up today morning, trying to...
damn this drawer. So bloody uncomfortable, now I am keeping the keyboard on top of the computer table.
its back in now. Someones knocking on my cubicle. Oh its just the drawer shaking inside in rhythm with my typing. Damn. there is no space for both my elbows in the drawer. No I am back to the old one elow in position...
The gmail server shows 718747 now. COOL. caps lock turned itself on. Oh yeah, I got up today morning and tried to start my comp up, but it was still misbehaving. I entered bios and loaded the fail safe defaults, after load in safe mode, and load with the last settings that worked modes did not work. Then the monitor wouldn't start at all, but from the green light on the CPU, I figured the comp had come back alright. I think there is some problem with some power source... the battery or something else. Anyway, the plan was that I would kinda go to the library, and send in a CD with the movie in it to sony world. An ad came for this in JAM, and it did not have the size restriction. Since my comp did not work, I took all this philosophically, and went to classes, where there was a short pseudo-lecture of TOR, where he basically told us that we can call him up for any kind of help. I asked for the prof's number after class, and he gave it. The paper must be somehwere around. Anyway, after that there was the usual hour long break, where it wa meant to be only fifteen minutes, so some guys and me (fuck you if you notice the bad grammar) went to the terrace (no one was bathing there this time) and basically climbed up to the water tank, played king kond with a piece of thermacol, then played football with an old fevicol can that had a stick stuck in it that would not come out for a long time. Damn the drawer is making funny noises again. I can muffle it by pushing my chest against it though. i M IN A REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE POSITION. dAMN. AND CAPS LOCK TURNED ITSELF ON AGAIN. dOUBLE DAMN. Anyway, after that, I went out for a long walk on my own, purchased a moser bayer cd after being unable to find A sony CD, and got a mid-day and came back to class, to find the Sir already teaching. We had a group discussion, and I had fun, though I did not do as well as I had hoped. Initially, the apparent stupidity of everyone else around me gave me confidence. But stupid people turn out to be very confident after all, and not so stupid in the first place. Apparently, the confidence makes you look apparently stupid. so I was basically screwed, when the pretty stupid points were put forward so confidently. And that was what was exactly required for a bloody fucking topic like "men are from mars, women are from venus". I talked some rot that can be basically summed up into "men and women have a different psyche, and a different emotional approach to situations but as far as capabilities are concerence they are equal"
I so want to be a chauvinist.
Anyway, after that they had another discussion about capital punishment, and the thing veered off topic, where people were arguing that he should not be given an easy death and made to suffer. Capital punishment is apparently the easy way out for them. Damn. There is gonna be a case study on saturday. Will blog how it goes. aM UPLOADING THE VID IN GMAIL RIGHT NOW.
Dumb caps lock.
anyway... kahan tha mein? Yeah after classes I went to a cyber cafe nearthane station, and he had a cd writer, but the cd wouldn't open in his system. So I thought the cd had not been written properly, and I went to CST, got onto a bus, went to british council, got some moorcock books, namely corum and something else. As well as some dumb random book that I will blog about tommorrow. Then I went back to the station, and this lady was chiding me and asking me not to jaywalk, and to cross responsibly, and not to jump off the bus. I did not want to hurt her sentiments even though I was irritated, and I got off the bus very properly, (tho at a signal and not at a stop) and used the subway, and did not jaywalk, even though she could see me only for a bit. I crossed the subway, and gave the hundred bucks to that guy who soild me 3ds a few days ago, he was happy that I was sincere. Being sincere to a thief really pays off. he shouted a thank you when I was walking away from him. I dont think he expected me to pay. Ah well. I am a good soul.
Somewhat.
So came home,. PC was still stubborn, I called up the PC repair guy, but the phone did not work. So many frustrations, and I still took it all calmly. see... spiritualism really helps. Screw anyone who says it does not. I was still frustrated, but I was hellbent on somehow sending the spoof to MTV before the deadline. Actually, I AM hellbent on doing it even now. that wasn't capitalization thanks to the automatic caps lock. I did it for emphasis. I was frustrated waiting for the train in the morning too, when I talked to sridhar and told him about the matrix spoof being erased. lost to civilisation. forever. He didn't exactly get it. He seemed to take it philosophically too, but he wouldn't have. Though he is a spiritual guy. Anyway, people were using the tracks to cross and ferry these boxe of mineral water and empty cold drink bottles. So many times they came so close to dying. I should go there with a vidoe cam. I DESPERATELY NEED A HANDYCAM. that was also emphasis.
Yeha, I was at home, watched tv a bit, went to the shop and asked for the repair guy to come over. He is doing that tommorrow. Cool. Hopefully he will fix it though he says the monitor is screwed.
came home, wtahced the episode of simpsons with the metor in it which burns up in the atmosphere, and really funny stuff happens, the seventies show after that where that song what is it good for comes, which I noticed came in rush hour and jack as well. Cool eh? I like that song. Was midway into watching the friends episode with the joey-stalker, the hottie who thinks the nut is actually a doc. Or rather the nut who thinks the hottie is a doc. Theres a baby in this cafe somewhere!
Anyway, after that i headed over to oswal park, he did not even have a cd drive. Screw i-ways. Went to double click in amrapali, that ashole did not have a network. I was still not frustrated... and still was determined. So I came here, found this dinghy cafe, and am blogging now while trying to upload the file. will see if I am successful. Will blog about that...
mebbe.
the blog started at 8:05, its 8:45 now.

No comments: