Tuesday, June 21, 2005

KC formula

I figured out how much marks I go in the entrance. 41/50. Which is pretty good.

To put how I did it in an unnecessarily complicated manner; the formula is:


e = (2x+p)/2

note: p = h-15 if HSC stream is Science
p = h-10 if HSC stream is Commerce
p = h if HSC stream is Arts



where,

e = merit list marks
x = entrance test marks
p = considered marks for HSC performance
h = actual HSC percentage

therefore,

x = (2e-p)/2

I have got 63.5 in my KC merit list entrance. and a 63.5 in my HSC in Science stream. Therefore, my entrance test marks are 41 out of fifty. Which, as I said, is pretty good.

I now realise just how importance my HSC performance was. If I had pushed chem or IT or even Physics just a bit, I would have gotten around twenty marks more easily. That would have propelled me into the sixty eights, which would have gotten me an admission in the best BMM college in Mumbai.
DAMN.
why the fuck did I think that the HSC results weren't important for BMM?
Still, SIES is not a bad college, and I got through. Early morning, I left for SIES and got a bit wet in the rain. Bumped into ashwin there, and he helped me by moving around the college. In typical SIES fashion, I roamed around from the fourth floor to the first floor, met the vice principal, and someone else in the line. Sowmya or something I donno. Then I had to head over to NErul to cancel the admissions. First had samosa, Bhajiya and Sada dosa at GK. Then headed over to Nerul. Sumedh, Bala, and Sid were supposed to come but they never made it when I was there. Took a little time but I got my admissions cancelled. My fees will be returned to me within a fortnight. Yeah right, knowing SIES, multiply any time limit they set by a factor of four. So I can safely expect my seven and a half grand refund only after say two months.
After that came home, watched tv, saw starship troopers.
gump, for a movie made in 1994 is pretty damn amazing. Zemeckis is the director right?
Hung out with Ameya in the evening. He showed me photos of kerela. It is not made up of mud and rain after all. Then walked with him, played a little cricket with friends, got hold of a pirated version of the battles for middle earth CD. Then went to the bank, drew the cash for tommorrow, sat with aashray, and created a few "poems" like yesterday...
Also thought up of a story... will blog it sometime later.
Came home and am blogging now...

No comments: