Sunday, July 17, 2005

HBP

Today morning, The people at Times of India laid their hands on a copy of HBP at six thirty. It was in my hands at six forty five. I took it from this bookshop called paperbook in Siddachal.



I had booked it from there almost two weeks ago. I got it for 799 bucks, that's like less than half the prize for which it is selling aborad AT A DISCOUNTED RATE. my friend, Ashwin, who stood outside with an expression of "oh fuck you got it before me!" but smiled for the camera.



But that was only marginally before the time he would get the book. We headed over to Kapoor's. another book shop. Pottermainia hadn't exactly caught on here, mostly because:

Ths shop was closed. I sat down right there and began reading the book, and was saying things like "oh fuck!" and "oh shit!" any times over, just to tautn Ashwin. He went to second hand bookshops, asked for harry potter ,was offered a bargain on the third book, decided that he did not want it after all...
eventually, Kapoor's opened up, and Ashwin looked plain stupid because he had been waiting or forty five minutes. Another person came in and got it before him. I recieved an SMS from a fried saying "Hagrid Dies. Happy reading"

I almost believed that guy. Anyway, we had the book, we headed over to college to read it...



This is Ashwin with the book, so THIS story had a happy ending. Unfortunately, te same cannot be said about the book - but that deserves another post...

No comments: