Thursday, July 28, 2005

View from the top

In the evening I went to the terrace of Jasmine towers, that is close to my home. It has an edge over other towers by three storeys. Now I donno why they chose to make a tower of 23 storeys, either they built upto 23 then stopped because they were bored, or built upto 23 and stopped because they realized that it would get unstable, which as astounding as it sounds is perfectly possible in this country, or, as is most likely the case, it was good for the vaastu.
Anyway, the next tallest building near the area is just 20 storeys tall, and the highest I have ever been before was 14 in kalpavavriksha, which has a measly total of 15, which is nonetheless, a round figure, and probably bad for the vaastu. So being the highest for atleast a twenty kilometer radius is a pretty empowering feeling, especially because everything looks flat below you.
I can only imaging the 100 plus towers in foreign lands. I think a 53 is coming up somewhere in Mumbai. But a 23 is pretty scary… am going there again tomorrow. These are some pics… which are pretty useless…
The wind was intense... and there was this room full of potties. The pics are here bunched together, and I've added a little lighting effects from photoshop to make them look clearer. Actually chuck it - i tried that technique and it did not work very well. ok here is ONE image.

No comments: