Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The diary of Anne Frank

An amazingly well written book. From what I figured out by reading the afterword, friends actually compiled the book together after the Gestapo raided the Annexe, and her poor father, the only survivor circulated it amongst friends, one of whome published it.
The book is hilarious. It deals with many isues that face a teenager, like friends, relationships, and family, and an issue that one does not usually face, war. The book manages to make you laugh till the very end, but the afterword will make you sad enough to cry. the meeting with lies with "only a" barbed wired fence between them is amaingly touching, and I managed not to shed tears by looking at the time, and bringing myself to the real world.
And realisig two seconds later that this was a real world story. Amazing book, one that deserves to be made into a movie. I just had to blog about this, or I would forget everything by tommorrow.

No comments: