Monday, August 01, 2005

games I play

Games I play:

To all those who have suddenly started reading this blog, skip this post as it is not interesting, not funny, not relevent to anyone else... and basically more nonsensical than the other posts, but boringly so. This is more of a diary type entry.

There are very few games that you actually finish playing. I finished my first mobile game today… actually I finished around two days ago, but I didn’t blog about it. Today, I played all the levels together, which I guess is really finishing it in the true sense. The game was bounce, and there were only eleven levels, and I didn’t use the cheat. I have finished, without Cheats, Deus Ex. I remember blogging my progress around three months ago. The vacations were on, and I played throughout the day. When I slept, I used to dream in FPS. No seriously, all the people used to move and walk like the bots in the game. I also used to play age of empires extensively, but the cheats are just irresistible, so I guess that does not count. Then I finished Star Wars racer, without cheats, and this was just a few days ago. I did it in a span of three days. First I played the entire game with cheats, and then without. Also Harry Potter one, which was easier than dave. And quake 3 arena. Still my favorite game. It is just the ultimate when it comes to gaming. In fact, Xaero, the feared red devil amongst gamers, turned out to be easier than Anarki. I just camped and railed him from afar. Anarki, on the other hand, was in a very uncampable map. Unfortunately, the game does not work on my XP… damn. These are about the only PC games that I have finished. I came close in HP2, but lost interest after the basilisk, understandably. Oh no! I just remembered, I finished that one too… only the game did not end because I didn’t play any quidditch matches throughout and THEN I lost interest. I have finished the phantom menace, and half life with cheats, which is not an easy thing to do. As I think back, I remember the times I used to play these games as phases I went through. Like I used to be so engrossed in them… now I hardly play. If I play, I play like four days at a stretch and stop suddenly, and forget about it. I do not know if this is a bad habit or a good habit. After a while all games begin to get boring I guess.
But the grandest failure I had with a game was prince. Oh how I remember playing it in my father’s old monochrome laptop. Never got past the fourth level without cheats. It had been my life’s ambition to cross the game… only to know what happens to the reflection that jumps out of the mirror. Does anyone know? I should probably google this. Brodurbund has gone on to make other software, like I have this one that helps you build a home and view it in 3d. Dave was another failure. I went into the secret room full of goodies in level nine, but never crossed level ten. Never got past the strip with holes in it… Then there was this alien game that I went really far in… I cant remember now… VOLFIED! It was this dos console, my father’s old laptop, and the words still flow out of my hands cd.. cd games volfied. I remember the amazing music it used to have. The memory is pretty wooly, but I got hold of the game, and used to play it later, till I got Xp that is. I went until level 14 where all the chimpanzee heads show up… but that was on my father’s old laptop, I never got past stage eight when I used to play it later. There was stryker, and how can I forget SKYROADS? I think one of the first demo games. There were only six levels that I mastered. I got hold of and completed the full version later… I also finished the Christmas version. Alley cat! Remember that even back in 1993 or something, the comp was too fast for the game to run! Such an ANCIENT game. Other retro games are coming to my mind now. Virtua fighter, hey Xaero could be inspired from that Chinese fellow who drinks before he fights. There was also that ice goddess who turned out to be pretty tough. I remember the swimsuit pics of all the people. Virtua cop too, I did finish that one. And the older NFSs that I used to play at a friend’s place. I am actually getting nostalgic about computer games! Whoa, I never realized that games were such a big part of me. And moreover, I am not a hardcore gamer. I don’t sit in the cafes playing counter strike all day long. Counter strike! I used to for a while… then stopped. I think I am a seasoned gamer, not a hardcore one.

No comments: