Monday, August 01, 2005

GPRS

None of my friends have activated GPRS, or rather have deactivated it after the initial month, because they found that it was of no use. So hardly anyone uses MMS, and everything goes around via bluetooth. I decided I need it for things like mobile blogging and checking my mail, so I thought I would activate it. But I kind of dont trust orange. First of all, they milk the money out of you for small services suchas setting the caller tune. You have to pay fifty bucks just to get one, because you call up on 123 and they charge you six bucks an minute. Then there is the additional charge of thirty bucks for every month. They sent me a message saying if I would activate CT, I would recieve fifty bucks. I got it after they took off thirty first for setting the CT. it was this song that I really dont like - Dus bahane one, and I wanted to set something different. After talking for six minutes with Artificial Intelligence that even laughed when I chose international songs, I finally settled on california dreaming. Now I have no idea how to deactivate it, and I guess I have to call 123 again. The one message proved costly for me. I guess I'll have to let CD stay.
now about GPRS, I don't want a repeat of that, so I know how to deactivate it before activating it. Here goes nothing: my next post can be a mobile blog.


If you are on Orange prepaid, send ACT HW as a SMS to 144 toll free.
Send CAN HW as a SMS from your Orange prepaid phone to de-activate the service.

Even National roaming has the same format, ACT NR and CAN NR.

Hey I guess CAN CT should work with caller tunes. I will check that out.

No comments: