Monday, August 15, 2005

Independence day


These are the special I-cakes at a pastry shop nearby...

For a good thirteen years of my life, every Independence day I have been standing with a National Flag in my school ground, feeling lurches of patriotism whenever the crowd of parents applauded at something clever that the person speaking had just said. I never used to understand the logic of such things like "we have to work hard to retain the freedom that our forefathers have won for us". I have bean to understand what real freedom means, although in India you can do whatever the hell your heart tells you to. I don't feel like anything is holding me back, although I might grand a necessity to wind freedom from these things. This is a bombay times list that enlists 58 things we still have to win freedom from. this I-day, I caught the PM's address for the first time in my life. There were some parts that I really liked, like "Faster economic growth to be combined with focus on better distribution of benefits." Yeah, a better distribution of benefits is EXACTLY what we need, and "A code of conduct for all political parties, a code of ethics for all individuals in public life, and a code of best practices for the government at all levels". This is something that is very necessary right now...
Nice thing to do, instead of blaming stuff at the "foreign hand" like the BJP used to do. He said that this was a historic time, a time to make history... and this sort of made me feel bad. It was a very complex feeling... like knowing that there is no way in the world that you'll know how things will end up in the end. Like how India will progress, like to what extent mankind will explore the deeps of space, like the the extent of evolution of the human mind... things like that. I have no chance of knowing what the future history of mankind will be like. This is a very sad thought.

Anyway, it was nice of Google to include us in their logo

but sad that this was only for the google.co.in portal, not for google.com

Spend I-day after the PMs address completing a sex and media project. Watched and capped parts of southpark the rest of the day...

A damning highlight was that my mother washed my friendship day t-shirt, so I lost most of the messages written in it. I was so freaked out, but I controlled myself… so I earn some punya and hopefully I go to heaven. Apparently, this was not the case for the likes of Mahatma Gandhi. The uys who make southpark feel that Gandhi should be one of the burning gargoyles of hell, like in this cap I made with considerable difficulty:


This is from south park the movie, where they show many pretty controversial scenes, like this one of Saddam Hussein… er… flirting with the devil (actually trying to fuck him in the ass). BTW, the devil is his own grandfather. But that’s nothing in a movie with a song that goes “uncle fucker”

And this is the only scene in the SP universe that they show the face of a guy called Kenny.

I also made two caps of the entire devil singing “up there” sequence, and the sequence of Kenny bouncing about in limbo. Will circulate the videos on LAN and P2P, do not know where else to upload it. Anyone who wants them can drop in a mail at anorion-at-gmail-dot-com.
Sad times of bot spamming that does not allow us to freely post e-mail ids. Now, bots have started bloody posting comments in the blogs… someone is bound to come up with some bot protection.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovd the cake pic.

and that 58 thingy was dumb to say the least. stuff like Illiteracy is no 41 on the list after something like Obsession with America. And India times talking about Yellow Journalism and page 3 types is a li'l hollow.

Anorion said...

Doesen't everybody. Jere in India, some people have every single episode. Which means, they get it of the net, because SOMEONE has to introduce it to the LAN right? I don't think they will ever be able to show it here, but there is definately demand.

Elf: Yeah, I didn't like the list too