Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Revisiting childhood

Kalam’s speech
Sahitya academy awards are probably the most sought after art awards in the country. I really liked the way the president reacted to the awards. He made it clear that the awards should encourage younger talent. He regularly loses his breath over this and his argument is that what is the use if all the old guys get the awards, what use is it to them?

And meanwhile, the youth of India are rediscovering their childhood which I am not too sure has completely left them in the first place. My college is crazy, and I am one of the craziest. Yesterday, the whole class was playing with soap bubbles.
This kid also came around to help in the playing. Street kids are no longer camera shy. That is why I was able to get this. Either that, or he was just admiring the underside of my mobile without knowing he was looking into a camera.



And today, one of those guys who makes them paper windmills went passed, and I was one of the people who ran out of class to get my hands on some. Most of the class ended up with one in their hands, and I fir l fiis ewlxruib dein l fuek!!!! Yeahahahahahah!!!! So imagine the most serious guy in class, the topper in the entrance test, and someone who can hold a long discussion on the occult philosophy of medieval Christian caballah, holding a paper windmill and getting scolded by the prof for it.



And the opposite end of the spectrum, would be me, and I was werid, I fused to winmills together to get a four fanned one, but the person who clicked the pic din;t do a good job, despite my handsome face.
So instead, the second most crazy person in class gets a mention here. He was probably contemplating the deeper ramifications of the study of the paper blades that go into making five rupee windmills on the interpretation of the occult philosophy of the medieval Christian cabbalah in the Indian social context.



Maybe not.

No comments: