Saturday, August 27, 2005

Stuff



So was coming home by train. Usually, as soon as you enter, you get this feeling that some terrorist has come and left. The business and service men sleep so well and so hard, that they look dead. But today, probably due to a slight change in timings, a whole bunch of school kids rushed in. Some started to dangle liked crazed monkeys from those metal triangles you normally hold on to. Some started challenging each other to touch these triangles while having both their feet on the ground. Some kids, however, decided that it would be a cool idea to hang out of the train. Not only did a particularly large school bag of boy jab me in the crotch almost making me lose my balance, but the kids also made me exteremely nervous. One kid in particular was seeing how far he could extend his body out of the train. I didn't say anything, just shut up and took a video of it. i wanted to tell them to stop, but minded my own business. As the station approached, kids, being kids, started pushing each other near the doorway. fortunately, nothing happened...



This is how I finally turned in a marked paper. The teacher had asked us to write on life is... and since there was a lack of paper clips, staplers and other such things, I used a toothpick. The toothpick in question was one of a large number stolen from vrindavan hotel in sion by a friend to pretend to be Amitabh Bachan.
The teacher laughed, but what the hell, staplers and paper clips deserted me.



This is my latest pet. Actually, I found it on a wall near my building and got it home. Observing asnail is a very interesting thing to do. I finally foundout the exact way in which the shell stays on. there is this really thin and really translucent membrane, which connects the slug to the shell. You can pull this out, but you cannot break it (I SWEAR I didn't try too hard) very easily. And snails eat FAST. If you have actually seen a snail eat, you will realise the insane speed at which it does this. It just gobbles up the bases of leaves, makes them fall off the plants, and moves on, without eating the rest of the leaf.

Ah well...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toothpick, LOL!
Elf

Anonymous said...

I am impressed..by you and your blog...I still think you should have told those guys to stick their asses in...how does the sight of a pole dashing against a kids' head and the entire torso disappearing from your sight in a second...dont wish to sound harsh..but think...

Anorion said...

You know why I was so nervous in the first place? I've seen a guy fall off once, and I was reminded of it all through. Trust me, the image you described was a very prominant part of what I was thinking...

Anorion said...

@elf: i overlooked your post again, as some annonmous comment... you have basically the same reaction as the teacher.