Monday, September 26, 2005

Sania Fatwa

I have a lot to study, and I have spent most of the time fooling around with konfabulator and my new browser opera. Seems to be a pretty good browser, and this is just sort of a test blog... I have a lot to blog, but that can wait till after the exams. Right now, I will leave you with this:



So? Whats so special about just another picture of Sania Mirza. Actually nothing, that's just a base image for the real point of this post.



Wondering what would happen if she would change her clothes after trying to avoid the stupid fatwa that was almost declared against her...

The image was made with a composite of four bhurkas and the paintbrush in photoshop.

Here is a pic of the two versions side by side.



Cheers, and my next blog will be on the eighth... after the exams. Damn, I have a lot to study. There is this feminist moment I have to study, and there was this huge debate on how the newspapers were sexist when it came to Sania Mirza. Someone argued that the papers did not give her coverage on the day she lost, which meant that the paper was protecting her, and in fact not being sexist. Another friend argued back that this was exactly what sexist meant, the paper wanted to protect her because she was a girl, and it was not treating her as just another sportsperson.

shit I got carried away. I can blog for ever, if only it weren't for parents. i will try to make a career out of blogging... good fantasy. Anyway, I really have to go study now...

2 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Good luck on your exams!

Anonymous said...

I was searching blogs,and I found yours.Please,
accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my tennessee bankruptcy site.
Have a good day!