Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Dreams I have

This other day I was reading a book on dream interpretations, and was not too happy with it. First of all, the dreams I had were not interpreted. In fact, I have the ability to interpret my own dreams, and I notice many times how a small thing I have noticed here and there creeps into my dreams. For example, there is this lion I saw on a wall in Baalbek while doing a project on that monument, and this lion crept into my dreams as a protrusion from the terrace of this really big building. The building was so big probably becaue I was studying huge monuments that day. Basically, I can relate everything that happens in my dreams to b\some real life incident or another.
Then again, there are those really weird dreams. There was one where I owned a cello tape factory. What the fuck was that about? I have no clue.
There is one particularly funny nightmare that I had long ago, and it still resurfaces in my dreams sometimes. Mt family and I were sleeping under this banyan tree in front f the entrance to Vasant Vihar. I live right opposite that place where the dream took place, but I used to live down the road in another building. It is surprising that I come to live next to the location though.
Anyway, so my family and I were sleeping below this banyan tree, and the night is full of skeletons roaming about. A particularly hideous skeleton falls off the tree we are sleeping under, and the skull is like five inches from my face, and is somehow screaming and intent on murdering me, and then I wake up. Now this is the kind of dream I want to interpret. I haven’t been ever able to relate to this, or how my subconscious brain though up of all these things.
Another nightmare I had was one where I was sleeping on the road – again… I need to know what is the meaning of this recurring pattern of sleeping on the road, and why I do that so often in my dreams. Anyway, so I was dreaming that I was sleeping on the road, and a truck comes barreling down towards me. I don’t get up and run away, but instead try to roll away from the wheels. I was in my grandmother’s place when this dream happened, and I bumped into the window. I had rolled over in real life trying to do so in dream life. Does this happen often? I have no clue.
Another recurring pattern in my dreams is that I frequently fly over cities. Another weird thing is that once I started enjoying this sensation, I force my dreams to make me fly. Like, I tell another face in the dream that it is my dream, and that if I want to fly, I can fly. I don’t know if this happens to many people, but I seem to be aware in my dreams that I am dreaming. This is really fun, because I can direct not only myself, but the situations around me. For example, I can force myself to fly over Jupiter, and after google earth came along, it has been really easy to force my mind into imagining flight. When I am not directing my own dreams, my dreams have the quality of playing out a story. I actually dream in stories, like there is a predicated plot. Someone behaves in a weird way that does not make sense until much later for example. I wonder if everyone dreams in stories.

No comments: