Sunday, October 23, 2005

Impulsive decisions

Late yesterday evening, Two friends called up and told me that they were headed for a rockshow and asked me to come over. They were half - way there, but I followed anyway. It was at NITIE at L&T in Kanjur Marg. Going to Kanjur MArg station was not a problem. Found a rickshaw driver and asked him to take me to L&T. He took me to IIT. Took the same rick to L&T, but could not find NITIE and could not communicate with my friends because there was too much noise.



walked down a road after taking another rick to NITIE, and found myself in front of a RamLeela. Damned thing... almost decided to watch it, but talked to the friend and went to the rock show.



Orange street and Vaayu played. I liked Orange street more, the face-offs between the drummer and thetabla player was some real entertainment.

I was just staring at the sky, on my back listening to the songs. The volunteers thought that I was drugged and came to check me out. When they saw that I was only enjoying it, they flashed the victory sign at me.
I almost flashed the middlefinger, but raised the index just in time, to flash the victory back.

Bloody impulsive decision to go at the last moment - but worth it.

And yeah, I am heading to Bangalore today. Another impulsive one...

2 comments:

Goan Pao said...

Impulsive trips always turn out to be the best. One can never be dissapointed with a decision that is taken with no thought being put into it. Always better than the pre planned stuff.
P.S are those pics of the rock show...I wonder what all those people are doing sitting on chairs..

Anonymous said...

Yeah it was a pretty sober event... all sorts of old people were passing comments on those doping and headbanging, and small children were running about behind everyone.

Anvesha from Remix was there though