Sunday, November 20, 2005

Damning realisation

Just realised something about my previous term. I have learnt nothing. Nada. Zilch.

I already knew everything there was to know in effective communication skills, fundamentals of mass communication and computers. Where I didn't, I faked my way through the papers. I didn't study Eco, except for the last few hours leading up to the exam, and have forgotten everything I learnt already. I made up the Socio answeres compeletely. Alriht, I studied history, and learnt a lot there, but like that's a lot of use.

A shrewd guess would be that I will go through all the sems like this. Which means that I am ready to get my degree now and start working. Damn, the system is really messed up. And I am one of the toppers, but I KNOW that I haven't learnt much. Like there were no new skills I picked up during the presentations or projects.

I wonder if this is just me or it is with everyone, OR if you learn a lot and don't understand or cannot recognise what you have picked up, which I think is probably the answer.

PS: Madonna's Frozen is copied. She lost the suit, the song cannot be sold or broadcast. One of my favorite songs. I don't see the difference between covers, remixes and stolen songs. I know there is one, but I refuse to recognise it.

No comments: