Saturday, December 17, 2005

Ubuntu

The free linux cds shipped in day before yesterday, but I tried it out only today. Took about half an hour to install, and frankly speaking, its not all that different from your standard windows OS. Only thing is, I still have to tweak the whole thing, and mount my other hard drives as well. Partitioned my own disk, despite vital data being there, and windows restarts if I open up explorer now. Am browsing the fora for information, but its kind of tough to figure it out. Ubuntu is Linux for human beings, as the packagins says, but the coding required to mount all your HDs is just a little beyond my capability... but I guess I will figure it out. Hopefully, the next blog will be from a Linux OS.

I switched to Ubunto for three basic things
1) They shipped in the CD for free
2) They promised there would be no viruses and crashes
3) Next step towards ubertechnogeekdom.

Was that a word I just inventisized?

1 comment:

filterkaapi said...

y can't it b LINUXISIZED or is dat that too wierdofied?