Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Damn Sleepy

Huge day today. After fucking around the cyber cafe, headed over to the marketing meeting which was already over, so instead had a pina colada or something, and headed over to Siddivinayak temple with Nisha mam and Bhavik.
Looked more at the people than the idol of the God. Actually, probably could not see it even if I could. don't want to say anything about that, except that it was pretty interesting. Nice, small temple, that.
Went to CST to Manish Market to get some wires for a friend, and on the way there, picked up Freakonomics. That dude thinks like I do, or the other way around. Pretty interesting to know the corelations between seemingly meaningless things and damningly large changes in the very way of life. For example, it shows how one woman's pregnancy managed to change the crime rate two decades later.
I also wanted to read the book titled "psychology for teachers" and I thought it was a book that taught psychology to the teachers, but instead, turns out to be a book on theories of children's behavior at home. Pretty interesting book.
Management presentations tomorrow - too damn sleepy to work on that, so will probably take a nap of an hour or so and then start. Will put an alarm and some light music so I do not go off to sleep...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took "Freakonomics" book from India habitat Centre for my wife. From the way you have described, it sounds like lateral thinking. Now I too will read it. Thanks a million.

Anonymous said...

freakonomics??? any relation to freaks or economics?