Monday, February 13, 2006

I will not celebrate meaningless milestones

Used to play Quake like hell... then my comp somehow refused to let me play, so I used to play the demo version as much as possible at the houses of different friends. This is one game that I am really a fan of... and today, I started playing again, and guess where this took me.



The pair of green crossed swords below the yin-yang symbol stands for 'perfect' - which means that you went through a level without getting killed even once.

The red hand stands for 'gauntlet' - fragging with only the blade on your hand - exteremely difficult, foolhardy, and boring way to kill someone.

The blue line and wavy line and circles and squares denotes that I have done something 'impressive' by sccurately finding my target over two consecutive rail gun shots.

The white and purple corsair stands for 'accuracy', which means that most my bullets found my mark - yeah.

The yellow winged skull denotes 'excelence', something ahcieved by obtaining two frags within about as many seconds.

The red skull is the most impressive - the total number of frags that you have.

Yeah that's right - the process took over two years of sparse playing, but two thousand frags - thats as many digital murders through the agency of lighting guns, shot guns, rail guns, machine guns, RB guns, plasma guns, and almost every other type of gun you can think of.




What I remember most about Quake is the legacy that no one reads. Phobos and Doom are the charachters from the game Doom. The description leads that these players are gladiatoring for the sake of gods, who have created the arena for their entertainment. Also, apparently, all the aliens put an end to mankind warring with iteself - because they find other enemies amongst the stars.

Not sleepy at all, despite almost not sleeping for three days. Looks like this is going to be the fourth. Will see what downloads I have for quake at downloads.com... always wanted to create a map - might start today.

And to celebrate another meaningless milestone, I will be the six thousandth person to view this blog as soon as I post - hopefully, no one reads it before then.

No comments: