Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Jonathan Livingstone Seagull

There are two fucking irritating things about blogger that will never change 1) focus stealing and 2) stats.
Just read Jonathan Livingstone Seagull... any book that takes less than half an hour to read is worth reading. I was reading freakonomics in class, and the teacher confiscated the book, so Abhi gave me the book, and I came home and read it. Short sweet read, about a seagull who pushes his limits (Part I), figures out that there are no limits (part II), and finally, figures himself out (part III). Not really inspiring for someone like me, a chicken soup for the soul hater, but pretty uplifting to know that there are people out there who actually believing in simply transcending boundries and look at a deeper nature of things, a singularity beyond. This is somewhat a book propogating the theory of universal omnipotence, but I don't really dig such escapist books - more or less like doping out on drugs.
Won't put down the book really, simple writing, nice meaning, worth one read at least - but I wish I had freakonomics.

Supposed to be working on a few projects, but this cafe is closing down now. Apparently my comp is full of viruses, but I can function normally, a girl from sify called up and said my ip would be blocked if I logged on today. Damn sify.

That's basically the dirt. Heading over to Chirag's house to play on a borrowed base guitar. Concert in like eleven days or so - and I will hold the base for the first time today.

attending the vayu concert tomorrow at Borivili I guess. Have tons to blog, just need my system back or a cybercafe that's open for a long time.

Here is a neat blogger feature that I bet you guys did not know about, you can choose to hide some posts and keep the other posts open for viewing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ive read this book and it isnt really an escapist books. art is the way u look at it, different interpretations. the book is more like scaling new heights and rediscovering ur potentials. richard bach is a gem of a writer... pls dont compare this book with doping or ur 'usually escapist ideology'. get it drunkard?

Anonymous said...

are u playing a guitar now? spare the crowd plz. all their money will go down the bloddy drain. and even if it's free people will wanna be rather deaf(kiddin).