Monday, February 13, 2006

Mangling your Many Maroon Mums

Quake 3 like rocks. I am going to spend the night trying to go from2k frags to 3k frags in one night... for now I have to head over to college. I wonder what is the psychosexual motivation wanting to blow up digital freaks with cool guns. I wonder how it is in accordance to my self actualisation tendency. These psychologists need a GUT for psychology. There are too many holes in human behavior that are not explained by these psychological theories, and that's maybe human behavior is more or less arbitrary. Is this a theory?
For example, I borrowed a friends shorts, and kept telling him that I would shortly return them, but I appropriated them instead, and now both of us wonder if that was appropriate.
The priblem is that this behavior was not psychosexually motivated (unless you argue that appropriating a friends shorts makes the two of you better friends, and then you have more good friends, which increases your chances of getting laid. In fact, the fact that he did not find my appropriation appropriate may make him less of a friend, which means that I have more shorts, shows that I have more resources, and then increases my chances of getting laid, or stretching it even further, some research shows that girls like bad guys, so my stealing will actually help my sex life). Let's come back to the original and much better idea that borrowing the shorts was not psychosexually motivated at all. Freud might have had the hots for his mother, and said that the ego would not develop without it, but they probably hadn't invented shorts back then, so back then, borrowing shorts was not a flaw to his theory. To put another competing theory to the test, (who was it, Skinner or Roger) who came up with this whole self-actualising tendency thing. Basically the dirt is that every organism tries to be the best it can be and realise its destiny.
Maybe it was my destiny to get the shorts from him, but I was mildly disgusted by the fact that it was someone elese's shorts and not mine in the first place. I also took them mostly so that I could crack jokes about it, but if that is my destiny, then I am going to have one sad life. Again, the friends argument can work here, but I frankly do not think that I was, overally, too satisfied with myself for borrowing the shorts - showed that 1) I needed more shorts 2) I didn't have any to begin with, and since they didn't fit, 3) I have fat friends and 4) I am underweight.

Simply thrust of the argument is that I guess psychologists basically lead their lives the way they wanted to and generalised their own behaviors into theories of human psychology. Freud was psychosexually motivated and Skinner or Roger whoever, was an optimistic guy who believed in realising your destiny - and then these psychologists identified patterns that fit into their theories.
Which means we basically get to lead our lives any way we want, and all of us evolve complex and unique psychologies.

college, forgot college, leaving now.

No comments: