Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Holi virgin.

Was thoroughly molested when I went to play holi. Headed over to Eden Woods where a bunch of friends threw me into a pond where weird creatures called duks were once rumored to move around in. There was no sign of ducks, but weird creatures called “excited little kids” joined in the fray, their weapons of aqueous ejection being imported Chinese water pistols that worked by the rigorous jerking of a very phallic handle.


After being ballooned and womped over the head with a disturbing mixture of mud, what I sincerely hope was not what I thought it was, and also a little color here and there, I escaped into the sunlight to shop my shivering body from… well, shivering. Don’t get why Raymond color is called Raymond color, but that was everywhere. Holi is no longer played with gulal and whatever the yellow, green and blue colors are called, but with black, silver and purple.



So this is the before.




Let’s just not look at the after.



After playing and enjoying myself, walked back home. Crossed my old building on the way, which suddenly brought back memories. I have spent close to fifteen years in that place, and yet, passed it by almost without doing anything. The building was empty, everyone had probably gone back home, and it was the first time I played holi without going there. Funny how life is, you end up greeting the watchman, but going past the aunties you knew without a hint of recognition on both sides.



Met another group of old school friends, we just chatted about nothing, but we were once a group of best friends. Really strong memories of school days that were hiding in some corner of the subconsciousness suddenly came to the surface. I hardly talked to them before heading back. The funny thing is if you extrapolate the part of life you have seen to the rest of it, the picture scares you.



Hell, screw that, if I were Dan Brown, then I would somehow create a contrived version of history by claiming that the Virgin Mary was also called the Holy Virgin. Like Isis was ever called L’Isa, and Da Vinci ever cared enough to name La Giaconda after some obscure Egyptian goddess.



Funny how a google of the Virgin Mary throws this up first:







Christians protest! Although, Dan brown would have spun quite a symbolic tale around this, including a conspiracy theory of google wanting to take over the world, which I guess wouldn’t be terribly far from the truth.



All that was just an excuse to play around with a picture of the Virgin Mary, unfortunately I don’t have photoshop so I had to use paint to pretend that Jesus’ Mom played holi.







But the spray feature makes you lose the original pixels, so I wish paint had an alpha channel. Word had an alpha channel though, but what the hell, this is still crap.



I WANT PHOTOSHOP!!!!



Ah well, happy holi people, and this is the after, BTW.



5 comments:

diksha said...

hey u look cool

Nikxdave said...

You scared the ahit out of me man..

Nice to see that you have cut your hair .....

PerfumesReviewer said...

i also thought about this... what if google takes over man..
imagine we would be just search bugs on it...

magpie said...

hey we wanna see wat u did with ur hair and ofcoure if i could write as good as u i would .....do something....in a good sense if u wat i mean

Anorion said...

@sheetal: Likewise
@Niket: Likewise
@goodandold: Likewise
@skewnice: Really, Likewise