Thursday, May 18, 2006

2001: A Space Odyssey

"I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do."




Pretty nice movie, especially the choreography of the ape sequence, pretty realistic, and you do not realize many of the tricks well into the movie. Really really slow movie, but has that impact. Deviates a lot from the book, was waiting to watch the paradox of a sunrise on a sun, but that part was not included in the movie at all. Wondered why Kubrick would do this, but found out that the movie and the book were written siultaneously, and Kubrick was almost credited as a co-author for the book. Since I have read the book first, I think its better... nice movie though. Two and a half hours long, and there are no dialogues for the first and last half hours.



Da Vinci code is delayed, which is good, it means I get to watch it earlier than anybody else off the net.

No comments: