Friday, May 19, 2006

Essel World

Have to post this right away for the fear that it might be too late. Anyway, so went to Essel world today. The maps they give out have become smaller so it is even more difficult to figure out where the rides are. Photos later, sat on almost all the rides, thunder around six times and enterprise at least thrice. The most amusing ride was probably the rainbow, where a girl was arguing right back at the staff... she was too short for the ride, and was not allowed... she started saying things like "you take the money outside, why have we paid you" and even screaming "shut up" in a pitch like someone scared shit on thunder. Her parents joined in, telling the attendant about her age (seventh standard) and the rest of us watched on. She got off, crying, the dad argued that the staff broke her heart, and the grand finale was the discovery of a slightly larger girl who got down after the ride was over, was used thoroughly against the staff because their child was not allowed, the parents of the other girl argued with the parents of the first girl over the fact that they dragged her into the whole thing without reason, and the staff were forgotten.




The staff, however did a very commendable job by being polite throughout. Even placidly bearing the screams of the kid, the angry threats by her parents and the requests of the other guests to start off the ride.




The only new ride I went to was the ship thingy where they screened a movie of the Indian Navy, proudly pirating scenes from Pearl Harbour and claiming it to be the work of the Indian Navy. Will probably write to them about this, dishonouring our own navy is a rotten thing to do.




The best thing however, was the ice skating. Had no idea what to do, which was probably why I fell down flat on my ear, had a concussion, and even lost track of things for a while. The first thing that comes to your mind when you have a memory loss is the word "amnesia". This guy fell of a bulding, went home, and died. My mom read it in the newspaper. His ears bled and he thought nothing had happened because he was conscious. As soon as I regained consciousness, one of the first questions I asked were "are my ears bleeding" and then explained the story above. I then narrated the fact that I was at Essel World, who I had come with, and where I live. Confident that I had not got amnesia, I continued to skate with a throbbing head and wobbly knees. Went to the first aid doc later, a really sweet lady, where I told her that I didn't have the typical syndromes of a headache, so she gave me glucose, and I was done. But I was somewhere else for a while... everything is pretty murky, and it takes a while to remember anything. Normalised after a while, and dared to go ahead and skate later on, when I was actually pretty good.



Had have a weird feeling that I might die today anyway, but my fears will probably be proved unbased (if and) when I get up tomorrow, alive.




The skating rink is the only one in Maharashtra, and since it will cost me only a hundred bucks to go there again, I probably will and soon. Nice place, but needs more rides.

No comments: