Wednesday, June 07, 2006

fireflies

So we were in Yeoor, as used to be usual, and once again we saw the fireflies. There were many of them, and like two of us. Aonzs and I were talking about something or the other, when he told me that it would be fun to trap fireflies in the bottle and that he had done it many times before. I tried, lunged at one and missed... tried catching another one and let it go before I put it in the bottle. After that, all of them disappeared. There wasn't a single one around. I threw away the bottle in frustration, and he told me there could be more down the road.



All over four or five huge trees. Glowing like christmas trees... they were all over the ground as well. They didn't bite, they were not particularly fast. Within the next fifteen minutes there were around twenty in the bottle, which was glowing every now and then because of firefly light. Carefully took the bottle home, showed it to my mom, who was amazed, then released them back into the garden before they died. Was beautiful.



Told a friend about it, who apparently had already done it... unfortunately, seems this is a pretty common thing. Damn.

1 comment:

TMTW said...

Fireflies are beautiful, and fun to catch!